- Abstract Submission
- Keynote Speakers
- Organising Committee
- Scientific Board
- Partnering Journals
- The City of Lodz
- Book of Abstracts
International Tourism Congress 2022 is organized by the Faculty of Geographical Sciences, University of Lodz (Poland) in cooperation with CiTUR Centre for Tourism Research, Development and Innovation. ITC2022 is also final event disseminating achievements of the SPOT project. ITC2022 will be held on November, (16)17-19 2022 in Lodz, the city located in the very heart of Poland.
Main topic of ITC2022
The title of ITC2022 is: “Tourism – Going Back/Forward to Sustainability”. The topic refers to sustainability of tourism in general. We are going to discuss geographical, social, environmental, economic, political, and managerial contexts of sustainable tourism. The notion of tourism sustainability will be related to the concepts like quality of life, ecosystem services and resilience of ecosystem functions, development and economic growth, social and spatial justice as well as territorial cohesion, and – last but not least – coopetition and tourist packaging.
Sustainable development challenges and goals are still contemporary issue in tourism. As thus, recovery of tourism from any crisis, including COVID-19 pandemic, have to address sustainability.
Save the date
- November 16, 2022 (Day 0, Multilanguage online sessions, “Ice breaking” party)
- November 17, 2022 (Day 1, Special session on sustainable spatial planning of tourism destinations, In memory of Konrad Czapiewski, Sponsored by the SPOT Project)
- November 17-18, 2022 (Day 1 and 2, Congress)
- November 19, 2022 (Day 3, Trip to the Polish case study area of SPOT Project: Evolutionary changes of tourism in industrial area in transition – Challenges of introducing European Green Deal)
1525, 2022 – Deadline for abstract submission
1525, 2022 – Deadline for registration (Early bird)
- October 15, 2022 – Deadline for registration
|With presentation||Early bird||Regular||Online|
|Special session of SPOT project||Free||Free||Free|
|Students and PhD candidates||100€ / 480 PLN||120€ / 580 PLN||50€ / 240 PLN|
|CiTUR Members||130€ / 620 PLN||150€ / 720 PLN||65€ / 310 PLN|
|Regular participants||160€ / 760 PLN||180€ / 860 PLN||80€ / 380 PLN|
|Without presentation||Early bird||Regular||Online|
|Special session of SPOT project||Free||Free||Free|
|Students and PhD candidates||90€ / 430 PLN||110€ / 530 PLN||45€ / 215 PLN|
|CiTUR Members||120€ / 580 PLN||140€ / 680 PLN||60€ / 290 PLN|
|Regular participants||150€ / 730 PLN||170€ / 830 PLN||75€ / 365 PLN|
The congress fee for onsite participants covers the attendance fee (access to all sessions), the cost of coffee breaks and lunch breaks, the cost of the ice-breaking party, the cost of conference materials and a book of abstracts. The congress fee for online participants includes the attendance fee (access to selected sessions) and the cost of publishing a book of abstracts.
Additional costs of participation in the gala dinner will be announced later.
Venue of ITC2022
ITC2022 will be held in the city of Lodz, in central Poland. Post-industrial city attracting visitors mainly by its multinational cultural heritage and revitalized indutrial urban tissue from 19 and 20 century.
Participants of ITC2022 will be hosted in the Training and Conference Center of the University of Lodz (Kopcinskiego 16/18 Street, Lodz), and the Faculty of Geographical Sciences, at University of Lodz (Kopcinskiego 31 Street, Lodz). The faculty conducts the research on geography, both in its socio-economic context, as well as a part of Earth sciences. Our geographical interests relate to tourism, spatial planning, and regional development.
See you in Poland!
News in ITC2022
- Programme of ITC2022. International Tourism CongressSee the programme of ITC2022. International Tourism Congress ‘Tourism – Going Back/Forward to Sustainability’. If needed, you can download the programme as a PDF file. Mind that all hours are in Central European Time (CET). If interested in details of the presentations proposed, see the book of abstracts. International Tourism Congress 2022 is organized by […]
- Łódź: The city of ITC2022General info about Łódź: the city of ITC2022 Łódź is the second largest city in Poland area-wise (293.2 m2) and the third largest population-wise (694 990). It is situated in the very centre of the country, just 120 km away from the capital. The location at the crossing point of two main communication routes in […]
- Committees of ITC2022. International Tourism CongressSee the Committees of ITC2022. International Tourism Congress. Meet the people responsible for organisation of ITC2022. Members of CiTUR ITC Board were elected in accordance with an amendment to the CiTUR Regulation of December 13, 2021. Organising Committee of ITC2022: Reception Desk and Registration of ITC2022: CiTUR ITC Board: Scientific Board of ITC2022
- International Tourism Congress ITC2022: RegistrationRegistration to International Tourism Congress ITC2022 is open: We welcome all researchers, PhD candidates and students interested in geographical, social, environmental, economic, political, and managerial contexts of sustainable tourism. Join our discussion! Join the International Tourism Congress ITC2022! The main theme of ITC2022 is: “Tourism – Going Back/Forward to Sustainability”. Mind that during ITC2022 you […]
- Keynote Speakers of International Tourism Congress ITC2022Levent Altinay is a Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship at Oxford Brookes Business School. Professor Altinay is also the Editor-in-Chief of the Service Industries Journal. A researcher of international renown, Altinay enjoys a vast network of international collaborative partnerships with organisations and policy makers in the UK, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Kazakhstan, Turkey and Cyprus. Altinay […]
- Partner Journals of International Tourism Congress ITC2022The organizers of the International Tourism Congress ITC2022 cooperate with various scientific journals which welcome a discussion on sustainable tourism. We invite all ITC2022 participants to consider submitting full papers presenting achievements discussed during the congress to our partner journals. Czasopismo Geograficzne | Geographical Journal is a periodical issued since 1923. Its publisher is one […]
- International Tourism Congress ITC2022: Call for AbstractsITC2022 call for abstracts is open till 15th 25th September 2022. The only accepted way to submit the abstract is to use the online system dedicated for that purpose: https://czasopisma.uni.lodz.pl/itc/index. Do not send us abstracts by email! Each abstract should be prepared in English according to the requirements described on the website of the online […]
- Scientific Board of ITC2022. International Tourism CongressSee the list of researchers who accepted our invitation to join the Scientific Board of ITC2022 International Tourism Congress. The main responsibility of members of the ITC2022 Scientific Board is to review abstracts submitted to the Congress. All members’ activities are coordinated by Tomasz NAPIERAŁA (University of Lodz), Secretary General of the ITC2022 Scientific Board. […]
- Sessions of ITC2022. International Tourism CongressSessions of ITC2022 have been already accepted. We would like to express our gratitude to all researchers who supported us with sessions’ proposals. When submitting an abstract, choose the session included in a programme of International Tourism Congress ITC2022: Proposed by: Luís LIMA SANTOS (CiTUR. Centre for Tourism Research, Development and Innovation; Polytechnic of Leiria) […]
- International Tourism Congress ITC2022: Call for SessionsITC2022 call for sessions is open till 28th February 31st March 2022. International Tourism Congress ITC2022 is organized by the Faculty of Geographical Sciences, University of Lodz (Poland) in cooperation with CiTUR Centre for Tourism Research, Development and Innovation. ITC2022 is also final event disseminating achievements of the SPOT project. ITC2022 will be held on […]
- Special issue of European Spatial Research and Policy: Call for PapersEuropean Spatial Research and Policy is an international review concerned with the problems of social and economic space organisation at the local, regional, and supranational levels. The journal comprising both theoretical and empirical aspects of spatial analyses is aimed at academics, policy-makers, and practitioners interested in a broad range of spatial development issues in contemporary […]