The SPOT project is implemented by the consortium of educational and scientific institutions co-operating on a regular basis, representing various research, educational, cultural and geographical contexts. The final selection of project partners resulted from the interdisciplinary nature of education and research in the field of tourism and spatial planning, as well as the diversity of tourism spatial planning challenges and problems diagnosed in different locations.
Tourism geography and spatial economy are the educational and research fields of the leading project institution – University of Lodz. Tourism economics and tourism management are the fields of contribution of Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences. Mersin University’s input to the project is associated with tourism sciences and city planning. Tourism sciences is also the main axis of the contribution from the Polytechnic of Leiria. Architecture, territorial, urban and environmental planning, historic cities, and heritage management are the main scientific and educational interests of Politecnico di Torino. Finally, research projects carried out by Institute of Geography and Spatial Organisation Polish Academy of Science are focused on geography and spatial economy.
Moreover, various geographical contexts represented by SPOT project partners refer to different ways of social and economic development, and different cultures: Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, and Turkish.
News in Overall
- Programme of study visit to Italy and local seminarSee the programme of study visit to Italy organised by the SPOT project. We are going to concern the case study of “vineyard landscape of Piedmont: Langhe-Roero and Monferrato”. All activities are presented in Italian time zone (CEST). Students and academicians are requested to take own laptops. You might also download the programme of the… Read more: Programme of study visit to Italy and local seminar
- Konrad Czapiewski died on August 25, 2022Konrad Czapiewski died on August 25, 2022, during his trip to Mexico. This is shocking and devastating news for the whole community of the SPOT project. We send our deepest condolences to the family and friends for your loss. Konrad Czapiewski led the SPOT project’s team of the Institute of Geography and Spatial Organisation Polish… Read more: Konrad Czapiewski died on August 25, 2022
- Programme of study visit to Portugal and local seminarAll activities are presented in Portuguese time zone (GMT+1). Students and academicians are requested to take own laptops. ESTM means School of Tourism and Maritime Technology, Polytechnic of Leiria. You might also download the programme of the study visit to Portugal as a PDF file, and the programme of the local seminar (PDF file). May… Read more: Programme of study visit to Portugal and local seminar
- Meet Hnat, our Ukrainian colleagueMeet Hnat Sumyshyn, Ukrainian student of the Faculty of Geographical Sciences at University of Lodz in Poland. Now, he is a master student of spatial planning and organisation programme and a member of the students’ community of the project ‘SPOT. Sustainable Spatial Planning of Tourism Destinations’. He also participated in our study visit to Turkey.… Read more: Meet Hnat, our Ukrainian colleague
- Programme of study visit to Turkey and local seminarMind to convert the time zone when out of Turkey. All activities of study visit are presented in Turkish time zone (GMT+3). You might also download the programme of the study visit as a PDF file, and the programme of the local seminar (PDF file). December 6, 2021, Monday, Study visit Day 1 Time Activity… Read more: Programme of study visit to Turkey and local seminar
- Kick-off meetingThe SPOT project started officially on December 1, 2019. However, kick-off meeting was organized few days after, on Friday and Saturday, December 6 and 7. All project partners met in Warsaw (Poland). We were hosted by Institute of Geography and Spatial Organization Polish Academy of Sciences. The goal of the kick-off meeting was to meet… Read more: Kick-off meeting
- Meet the team of Institute of Geography and Spatial Organization PASStanisław Leszczycki Institute of Geography and Spatial Organization Polish Academy of Sciences was founded in 1953 (initially as the Institute of Geography PAS). The Institute is an important research centre in Poland in the fields of socio-economic geography, physical geography as well as spatial organization. Within the framework of the Institute, the Central Library of… Read more: Meet the team of Institute of Geography and Spatial Organization PAS
- Who is who in the team of Mersin UniversityMersin University was established on 3 July 1992 and initiated its activities on 10 November 1992. In the academic year of 1993-1994, Mersin University started its education by admitting students to the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Faculty of Fine Arts, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, School of Tourism and Hotel… Read more: Who is who in the team of Mersin University
- Get to know about the team of Politecnico di TorinoPolitecnico di Torino (POLITO) is a leading institution in Italy and in Europe in the field of technical-scientific research. Currently it is among the top Engineering and Technology universities in the world, and its international education network features about 460 bilateral agreements and 129 double-degree agreements with EU and non-EU universities, active participation in university… Read more: Get to know about the team of Politecnico di Torino
- Who is who in the team of Polytechnic Institute of LeiriaPolytechnic Institute of Leiria is a public higher education institution, at the service of society, dedicated to the production and diffusion of knowledge, creation, transmission and diffusion of culture, science, technology and arts, applied research and experimental development. IPLeiria develops its activities in the aim of education and training, research, provision of services to the… Read more: Who is who in the team of Polytechnic Institute of Leiria
- Get to know about Inland Norway University of Applied SciencesInland Norway University of Applied Sciences operates on six campuses in south-eastern Norway: Blæstad, Elverum, Evenstad, Hamar, Lillehammer and Rena, and have approximately 13,000 students and about 1,000 faculty and staff. The institution offers 35 one-year study programs, 52 bachelor programs, 31 master programs and 4 PhD programs (plus one in cooperation with the Norwegian… Read more: Get to know about Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences
- Meet the team of the University of LodzThe University of Lodz is a higher education institution, focusing its actions on intercultural and social integration. The University of Lodz boasts the oldest and most recognized School of Polish for Foreigners. International relations of the University are visible in various areas. Currently, within direct cooperation agreements, the school cooperates with about 260 partner institutions… Read more: Meet the team of the University of Lodz